The George Williams Funds offers funding to local associations, groups or committees within the large family of the YMCA in The Netherlands. The fund helps new initiatives to connect young people and give them the opportunity to develop themselves. A contribution from the fund is somewhere between € 100,- and € 1.000,- per application.
Criteria for application
For whom: The application is submitted by a local association, working group or committee within the large familie of the YMCA in The Netherlands.
Regio: The project is for activities in The Netherlands or abroad in a country with strong connections to the Dutch YMCA.
Purpose: The project has a strong (cultural) and social goal and/or fits within the annual theme of YMCA The Netherlands.
Target audience: The project for which the application is made focuses on young people between the ages of 6 and 30 which are involved in the YMCA. Especially the young people are stimulated to make applications. At least one of the applicants is under 30 years.
Profit motive: the committee, working group or local association is not allowed to have a profit motive.
Start: the project may not yet be started.
To get a contribution, a few rules apply:
- The initatieve has to do with the annual theme of YMCA The Netherlands. The annual theme for 2019-2020 is ‘mutual bond’.
- At least three people are actively involved
- At least one of the applicants is under 30 years.
- The fund’s contribution is not intended for the payment of organizational costs to (co-) applicants and for personnel costs.
- For applications of more than € 250, a financial substantiation must be submitted with the application.
- In publications, recruitment or during the project, the logo of the YMCA George Williams Fund is visibly brought out. Afterwards, the project group sends a report with photos (or other visual material) and a short financial statement.
- Payment is made afterwards or via an advance payment.
Do you need to know more? Send an e-mail to the board of the George Williams Fund.